Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Insta-ville: the home of the fabulous




Photo:blog.instagram.com
Mpho Raborife
@MsRaborife

So I recently visited the photo-sharing site known as Instagram to check out a few pics posted by a friend. For those who do not keep up with changing trends, Instagram is an online photo-sharing, video-sharing and social networking service that allows its users to take photos, images and videos, then apply digital filters to them and share them on this application and other social networking sites.

While I was visiting Instagram, I saw handles of some other people I knew, so I decided to see what they were sharing too.

At the end of my Insta-browsing (because Insta is now a prefix right?) I was left depressed and felt like I had shrunk to a the size of a cube of sugar. These people live such glamorous lives! Well that's what their profiles tells me. The lighting and photo-shopping extras help too.


I couldn't help but go to bed with a bruised ego (the little one that I think I do have). I've been walking around thinking I had it good, until Instagram slapped me back to reality.
Photo: blog.instagram.com

That was yesterday. I've since viewed a few more profiles and realised that its all subjective, some people use this platform as an online album and take pics of random, and real moments in their lives.

Some on the other hand, from the little that I've seen, use it as a platform to show or flaunt what they have, how much they have and all that they can do, that you can't.

Maybe I'm just jealous because I don't even qualify to have an account, let alone the lifestyle to keep updating that account.

So I'm going to sit in my Instagram-less corner and deal with the life that's infront of me, not the one inside a mobile screen (because that's where us touch-screen-less people see these things).


No comments:

Post a Comment