Saturday, October 16, 2010

Sosh Residents Woken Up By Bomb Blasts On Sunday

Mohau Ramashidja

Police at the scene after bomb blasts went off.
Sunday the 10th of October will be a day most dwellers of block KK, Soshanguve, will never forget. It was 5am when a blue Golf driving at high speed on a road leading to Soshaguve plaza almost hit a disabled man.

Five ZCC brethrens rebuked the driver of the vehicle, who drove off infuriated by the remarks that were lashed at him. A few minutes later the driver returned to where the five men were standing with a hand grenade in his hand and threw it at a group he had a quarrel with.

”I heard an explosion, when I went outside I saw this your man standing before bodies bleeding to death and I asked what he was doing and he quickly drove off,” said an elderly woman known as Gogo Shongwe.

Four people were injured as a result and were quickly rushed to hospital.

“I quickly ran to my neighbour’s house who is a policeman to inform her of what I had seen,” Gogo Shongwe continued.

Her neighbour, Sis Madonsela, quickly alerted other policemen who rushed to the scene. The suspect was later caught after he confessed to his colleagues and is currently in police custory.

No comments:

Post a Comment